Monday, June 9, 2008

Baby Quinn is here!


Quinn Gloria Alcala was born at 1:05 am on Friday, June 6th, 2008 and weighed 7lbs. 3oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. We are so thrilled to be parents and so in love with our new baby girl!

So, the last post was actually the day I went into labor. I guess I wrote too soon... It was about noon that I started feeling contractions, but they were so far apart that I didn't think it was real. By about 6:30 pm they were 3 minutes apart and we quickly decided to go to the hospital. When we arrived, of course the nurses were on a shift change, so I had to wait in triage for two hours. Finally, we got to the labor and delivery room and it was a much more comfortable place to be, considering I was in labor. It went just the way we wanted it to and we are so fortunate there were no complications. She finally made her debut at 1:05 am on June 6th.

We came home on Saturday, June 7th and we have been doing really well. Quinn is such a good baby, but she does have her days and nights mixed up a bit. She likes to sleep during the day and be awake at night. She is so alert and looks around all the time when she's awake, and sleeps so peacefully when she's asleep. We'll keep updating as much as possible with pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness...she is adorable!
i have been checking the site about 2 times a day, waiting for pictures!
i can't wait to meet her and see the proud parents! maybe next week when i get back from portland!
enjoy every minute! before you know it she will be running around saying no, no! :o)
congratulations again!
smiles,
karen, dan and stenson