Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Six and a half months - and growing!



We are obviously not the best at keeping the blog updated and we apologize for slacking a bit. We will be sure to continue adding pictures and posting updates so you can see the growth that has taken place - and continues to happen. We love reading the comments by everyone and even the emails we've gotten. It makes us feel like we are more in touch with everyone.

My students are funny, they notice every few days that I am growing, especially when we are in line to go somewhere, and their usual comment to me is, "Dang Mrs. Alcala, you're getting bigger!" Just today, one of my 8th graders brought up the end of the year outing to Sun Splash, the water park, and said, "You're going to be huge! You'll need a special suit!" We all laughed about that a little bit and I realized that I will be huge and I will need a special suit, since our end of the year trip to Sun Splash will be when I am about nine and a half months pregnant!

At our most recent check up last week, the Dr. said my tummy was the perfect size for how far along I am. There wasn't much else to talk about at this last appointment, but we were happy to hear that everything is going well and to hear positive news. I will be taking the glucose screening test on my next visit - 28 weeks. I got the little orange bottle at my last visit so I can drink it before my next visit. I heard it's really gross, so I'm not looking so forward to that part. It does look pretty small though, so hopefully it will go by quickly. In case you were curious about this little orange bottle, we have taken the liberty of posting a picture of it here - oh, and a picture of me too, so you can see the growth from the last time :)

No comments: