Thursday, March 13, 2008

Officially in the third trimester!

I am now officially past 28 weeks and in my third trimester. So begins the two week Dr. appointment schedule! We have been having a busy week starting our Bradley Method classes, 28 week check up and glucose screening, and of course more preparation for the little June baby's nursery, which is coming together little by little, but looking so cute and pink. The Bradley method is helping us to prepare for a natural childbirth, and they really stress the husband as a coach concept. Tony is filling that role quite well, and I know he will be an awesome coach when it comes time to deliver. The exercises the method encourages are helping me to strengthen my core muscles to have a healthy labor and delivery. They feel great to do and Tony and I enjoy having that time together as he helps me with some of them as well as the relaxation techniques. The one thing about the Bradley method that I think is a little obsessive is that they encourage eating 80 grams of protein a day. My aversion to meet is still around, so getting 80 grams of protein is a little difficult for me, and I would imagine that it would be even if I did eat meet right now. We are however excited to learn more through the classes over the next couple months. The check up this week went really well, I haven't gotten the glucose results back yet, but I'll be sure to update as soon as I hear. When I was measured this time, the Dr. said that I was in the 30th percentile for belly size, which is on the small end of average. Not to worry, the baby is growing at a normal rate, but may be on the small side. She's probably about two pounds right now (so tiny), but I don't know if they can really tell - way too many people have told me that their Doctors have said that they were going to have a really big baby or small baby and then they come out totally opposite. I asked if we could tell how the baby was positioned, because I was feeling some major kicks in some pretty uncomfortable areas, so we went into the ultrasound room to check. I was a little disappointed with the quality of the picture, because the first time we went to get our ultrasound we got to see the 3D version and even when it wasn't in 3D mode, the picture was so clear. On this older model, we could see that the baby's head is down and feet are up. This is a great sign, but there is still room for the baby to move around - so we'll see. And by the way, we found out that the kicks were actually head butts ;) The movements are becoming more and more defined every day. Tony was actually able to feel a knee or foot poking out a little, and when he pushed, little June baby pushed right back! I'm still feeling really good and healthy, however sleeping is becoming more of a pain - it's just not so easy to get very comfortable with only a couple of sleeping position options.

No comments: