Thursday, May 28, 2009

Getting ready to be one!

The photos are best viewed from the bottom up if you want to see them chronologically.

"Oh Mama and Dada - look what I discovered today!" Tony was doing a little replanting this afternoon, and this was the outcome.


Quinn's first masterpiece - definitely fridge worthy!



A new game - she was cracking up!


Playing with the fun fridge magnets


See, she learned how to "pat pat" the kitty now!


She loves Meow Meow sooo much!


Now she's on the phone with outout any hands on the wheel - boy, I just can't wait until driver's ed - haha!


Uh oh - what has Quinn learned to do? She is driving and dailing!


Gettting ready for a bath!


Our visit to CA to see Bridget at City of Hope



Quinn being silly in the window.



Quinn's first Easter - she was so pleased she found an egg on the Easter egg hunt!


So cute - Official 10 month photo take 4/6/2009


Not the official 10 month photo - but can you see the development? Haha! Dangerous! Of course I forgot to take the most recent 11 mo. photo - I promise I won't miss the 12 mo. one!


Naked baby on the loose!


Something new discovered - I think Quinn was about 9 1/2 months at the time... now it is part of our every day clean up routine along with all the cupboards she has fund out how to empty - it's all about exploring, right?


Madeleine is showing Quinn how to do it - but Quinn didn't quite have the hang of it yet as you can see from the big head tug! (She's much better at it now, by the way, she has learned what "pat pat" is.


Meow just loved Madeleine - she was "pat pating" the kitty


After the game - a little more outside time with the girls.


At the Brewer's/Cub's spring training game - Quinn and Madeleine didn't really care where they were.



Such a fun visit from the three M's!


Quinn and her cousin Madeleine (13 mo. at the time) eating handfulls of cheese together - haha!



This was Quinn's official 9 month photo - the silly little outfit didn't fit anymore :(



Learning how to be gentle with Meow Meow - she looks like she's doing an alright job there, but meow had to escape soon after that shot.


Our first week of spring break touring Carefree, AZ


Quinn just after she turned 9 months - first time in her new swing! Look at how much she has grown since then.


Ah - finally! Summer vacation and time at last! I know - it's been over two months since the last time I updated the blog - way too long. We have been so busy with winding down our school year and keeping up with Quinn that the blog just slipped away from us for a little while. We are back in action now! Quinn will be one in a week and a half. I can't believe it! It is so crazy to look back over all the pictures of her over the last year and seen how much she's grown, how much she's learned, and what she can do now. She is really something. After the last post in March, she started to crawl like a champ and then really start cruising around holding on to furniture. She loves to march around with her baby stroller, pushing various toys around in the seat. She just won't let go of our fingers now when she walks though - she isn't using them for balance, but she just won't let go - until this morning, that is! Quinn took her first two steps towards daddy and was just thrilled about it (and so were we!). She wouldn't do it again after that, but maybe soon - we'll see. Everyone keeps telling us that it just isn't the same after they start walking - I guess we'll see!

Quinn is gaining quite the vocabulary these days - I feel like it's almost a new word a day. She also pretends to talk by going "balah balah, balah..." Especially when she's "talking" on her cell phone. So funny! Some words she says: "hi" "hi da" (that's hi daddy), "hi ma" (hi mama), "woof woof" (not really a word, but when she sees dogs and pretty much any other animal she makes that sound), "ma-ma" (that one is actually meow meow - our cat, but it sounds a lot like mama - so now I don't know who she wants, me or the cat!), "hot" (she's pretty good at that one), "aga" (for agua - when she's thirsty for water), "ata" (after repeating me when looking at her birthday pinata today), and finally "Doda" (she loves Dora the Explorer so much we decided to have a Dora birthday party for her. Quinn loves to dance and clap along to music and has recently discovered coloring with crayons. She scribbles with one color then chooses another and keeps doing it all over the paper. I was amazed that she knew what to do - I think she may have learned a few things from her buddies at the babysitters :)

I must be forgetting a million things that have happened in the last couple of months, but you can get a general recap through the photos on this posting. We can't wait to celebrate Quinn's birthday with her, and then it's off to the Midwest for a cool summer in the North Woods!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Quinn is soooo cute! I can't believe how old she looks! I'm happy that she ahs learned how to "pat-pat" it really is a good skill. Madeleine has made many animal friends.