Quinn and Myles went on their first date to the zoo (of course chaperoned). Looks like Myles is more interested in the animals than Quinn ;)
We had to make a few pit stops on our road trip
See, Quinn can't get enough of her!
Here we are back in AZ, swimming!
Here, Quinn is 16 weeks old (officially four months). This was taken the day before we left for Chicago 8/26. Can you believe the outfit still fits? Lucky us, it has two sets of buttons on the straps to make them longer. I just like to look back and see her skinny legs, and laugh at how fat they are now!
Wow, sorry - it's been quite a while since our last entry. I was actually planning on posting Quinn's four month photo the day before we left for our Midwest trip, but obviously that didn't really work out. I did take it though, which was pretty impressive considering the amount of packing I was doing. It is really amazing how much stuff such a tiny baby needs. I thought packing for just Tony and me was a big deal - not so anymore!
Isn't it crazy how much she has grown from month to month? I am pretty sure she has even grown since our vacation. This week since we got back, we tried to put several outfits on her that fit before we left, and they do not fit anymore. Time to go shopping! But, Quinn got so many cute outfits from so many family members while we were there that she will definitely not be without. That was so sweet of everyone - thank you! What a great time we had on our trip. The fall colors were wonderful, even though it was just the beginning. Fall is definitely my favorite season, and it was great to be back for that. Tony and I celebrated our second anniversary while we were there. We got to go out to dinner while Grandma Susie babysat. Grandma loved that so much. We had a great time. We loved seeing everyone and having Quinn meet so many people close to us. There was a lot of driving, but Quinn did a great job through it all. I think she is actually a better traveler because of it now. The plane ride back was ok, Quinn cried for a bit in the middle of the flight, but was great for the rest of it. The whole time difference was interesting to watch in an infant. She definitely slept in a little longer on the trip, but was going to bed at the same time - it was weird. When we got back, I made sure we stayed outside a little longer so she didn't think it was time for bed at 5:00 in the evening. I think it worked - she is back on schedule. I don't know how her little body knows, but there is definitely something biological going on there.
Today was such a beautiful day in Phoenix - it was about 78 degrees. This is why we live here ;) There were a couple of hot days right when we got back, but then today was amazing. It was perfect actually, we were able to take Quinn swimming for the first time on Thursday, because it was only a high of 95 (not 105 for a change!), the sun was going down, so we were in the shade, but the pool temp and outside temp were just right. She loved it so much! She didn't want to get out. Since today was so nice, but a little chilly for us Phoenicians to go swimming, we had a picnic in the park instead. That was great too. It was kind of a windy day and every time the wind blew on Quinn's face, she took a deep breath in and then smiled. So cute.Well, it's back to work for Tony on Monday, and then the following week for me. I can't believe how fast this time has gone. I am getting pretty nervous. I know I am going to be a nervous wreck that first week back, but everyone keeps telling me it gets easier. We'll see, I suppose. We have been so busy the last couple of weeks, that this next week is going to seem really quite. I am going to have to keep Quinn and myself busy so I don't think about it too much. We have a Dr's appointment next week - her four month check up (ugh more shots!). I am going to ask if we should start feeding her rice cereal. I know we should probably wait another month or so, but Quinn is staring at us eating like crazy. And just the other day, we were at Panda, she was sitting on Tony's lap while he was eating, and she grabbed a handful of rice and noodles and tried to put it in her mouth. She didn't get any in, but I think she is definitely ready for some real food pretty soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment