Saturday, January 31, 2009

Quinn's Baptism









This was just such a cute expression on Quinn

Here we are, with Quinn's God parents, Argelia and Alfred along with Father Clements










Quinn liked the water alright - she just fussed a little with the last pour












Here we are, getting ready to go in


It was such a beautiful day for a baptism


Dad, cutting the cake




Quinn's beautiful cake


Quinn taking a nap after a long morning
What a beautiful day for a baptism! We baptized Quinn last Saturday on 1/24/09. She was so good all day long and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. The day was so amazing. Father Clements, who has known Tony's family for years baptized Quinn in a beautiful private ceremony along with the children's choir for background music at SS Simon and Jude Cathedral in Phoenix. The children's choir happened to be there for practice, so they sang for us during the ceremony - it was so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. We had a great rest of the day celebrating the big event back at our house with excellent food and even better company. We kept it rather small, just the immediate family members, but it ended up being perfect. What a special day!
Quinn isn't feeling so well this weekend, so we're really glad the baptism was last weekend. I feel so bad for her right now, she has a bad cold with a cough. This is the first time for her being this sick. Tony stayed home with her on Friday and took her to the Dr. The Dr. said it was just a cold and it will pass, that there's nothing we can do. I might stay home with her on Monday if it doesn't get better over the weekend. Poor baby :( It's the worst feeling as a mom, I just wish I could make her better. She is such a trooper though and is in pretty good spirits considering how crappy she feels.
The Cardinals play in the super bowl tomorrow! I was going to get Quinn a little Cardinals outfit, but I couldn't find a baby one on time, so we'll try to put some Red and black on in honor of them instead. We are so excited and can't wait to celebrate the victory! Go Cards!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

She is so beautiful! It looks like it was a wonderful day and ceremony. How great is it that the children's choir sang just for you.
I love your backyard. Quinn can't wait to crawl in the luscious grass! I also love the pictures of her in her little sailor dress. So cute! We wish we could be there.